We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic, savvy travelers to join our Research Team at Thatch!
As a Researcher at Thatch, you will be tasked with identifying, synthesizing, and sharing intel about keys destinations and the spots within them that make for unique and special travel experiences. Your research will follow two paths:
- working with our client-facing Experience Creator team to uncover options that meet client needs and surpass expectations on specific trips
- gathering the full picture about new destinations for future travel needs
From weekend camping trips to international excursions, you will be responsible for finding top-notch destinations, activities, restaurants, lodging, and experiences and developing clear and concise content based on your research.
Our Researchers are a critical component of the Thatch magic, helping our clients to have exceptional, tailored experiences on their travels. They have a deep passion for travel and love sharing their passion and knowledge with others. They are obsessed with finding the best off-the-beaten-path experiences and know exactly where to look to find them. Researchers are able to efficiently review and synthesize large amounts of information from various sources to come up with the best recommendations and are able to communicate their findings concisely for client consumption. Most importantly, our Researchers are excited to get others out there and experiencing the world!
Researchers are every bit a part of the Thatch family, with the added flexibility of working part-time and setting their own schedule to meet their personal needs.
- Get to the heart of a place and offer key insights for how to best spend time there
- Research specific locations and understand offerings in a particular area
- Identify unique activities, restaurants, lodging, and experiences that match specific client needs and preferences
- Create clear concise descriptions of various offerings and succinctly communicate the general essence of a place for client consumption
- Upload content for use by Experience Creators in developing personalized client itineraries
- Ability to efficiently synthesize a large amount of information and express it clearly and succinctly, with a warm and friendly tone
- Strong researcher with ability to find non-obvious options and triangulate between sources
- Extremely strong written communication skills
- Great time management skills, allowing for deep research to be done in constrained time blocks
- Familiarity with relevant, high-quality travel-planning materials and resources
- Detail-oriented with ability to prioritize and manage complex and ambiguous tasks with limited guidance
- A deep passion for travel and a desire to get others out there!
Getaways are essential to our wellbeing. They refresh us, inspire us, restore our creativity and deepen our relationships. At Thatch, we believe you should always have one to look forward to, stress-free.
Thatch is a new kind of travel service born out of our own frustrations with the stressful, time-consuming process we've all been through to make even a small getaway happen. The company was founded in 2018 to rethink the entire experience from the ground up. With our easy-to-use app and network of talented and friendly experience creators, our members make all their trips happen effortlessly and proactively. From overnight escapes to long weekends and big international vacations, Thatch looks at your trips throughout the year holistically and takes the stress out of researching, planning and booking each one - maximizing your valuable time away.