We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic, savvy travelers to join our Research Team at Thatch!
As a Researcher at Thatch, you will be tasked with identifying, synthesizing, and sharing intel about keys destinations and the spots within them that make for unique and special travel experiences. Your research will follow two paths:
- working with our client-facing Experience Creator team to uncover options that meet client needs and surpass expectations on specific trips
- gathering the full picture about new destinations for future travel needs
From weekend camping trips to international excursions, you will be responsible for finding top-notch destinations, activities, restaurants, lodging, and experiences and developing clear and concise content based on your research.
Our Researchers are a critical component of the Thatch magic, helping our clients to have exceptional, tailored experiences on their travels. They have a deep passion for travel and love sharing their passion and knowledge with others. They are obsessed with finding the best off-the-beaten-path experiences and know exactly where to look to find them. Researchers are able to efficiently review and synthesize large amounts of information from various sources to come up with the best recommendations and are able to communicate their findings concisely for client consumption. Most importantly, our Researchers are excited to get others out there and experiencing the world!
Researchers are every bit a part of the Thatch family, with the added flexibility of working part-time and setting their own schedule to meet their personal needs.
- Manage all client interactions, including phone calls, chats, and emails
- Understand client preferences and needs and develop tailored travel experiences based on this knowledge
- Identify new opportunities for clients to travel, based on their preferences
- Coordinate with Thatch researchers to understand specific offerings available and identify the best options for each clients and trip
- Work with booking partners to secure the best options and rates for clients
- Support the logistics of a trip as a whole
- Partner with clients to help them make decisions and understand trade-offs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to express information clearly and succinctly, with a warm and friendly tone
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build meaningful relationships and anticipate the needs of others
- Extremely detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and efficiently manage complex and ambiguous tasks with limited guidance
- Strong problem solving ability combined with impeccable judgement
- Proactive, positive, and decisive
- A deep passion for travel and a desire to get others out there!
Getaways are essential to our wellbeing. They refresh us, inspire us, restore our creativity and deepen our relationships. At Thatch, we believe you should always have one to look forward to, stress-free.
Thatch is a new kind of travel service born out of our own frustrations with the stressful, time-consuming process we've all been through to make even a small getaway happen. The company was founded in 2018 to rethink the entire experience from the ground up. With our easy-to-use app and network of talented and friendly experience creators, our members make all their trips happen effortlessly and proactively. From overnight escapes to long weekends and big international vacations, Thatch looks at your trips throughout the year holistically and takes the stress out of researching, planning and booking each one - maximizing your valuable time away.