Last updated: April 30, 2020
Welcome to Thatch, and thanks for being here!
Our mission is to inspire meaningful moments by building a home for travel creatives that’s open to the world. To do that, we enable our users to save places, curate them into travel documents, and share them with others. In support of that functionality, we collect and use information from third-party tools and from you.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. This is typically, but not exclusively, provided by you to us. To set up an account, we collect the following Personal Information:
• First and Last Name
• Email address
Over the course of using Thatch, you may also choose to share additional Personal Information to enable additional functionality or improve your experience with the Product, such as:
• Financial information, such as credit card or debit card information
• Telephone number
• Full address or zip code
• Your location
You may also choose to share Personal Information through other interactions with the Product or our team, including by filling out a feedback form, engaging in a customer support interaction or emailing our team, by adding additional information to your Thatch profile, or by responding to surveys.
We may occasionally collect Personal Information from sources other than you. For example:
• Through referrals: If you are invited to Thatch, the person who invited you may submit personal information about you, for example your email address, name, or other contact information.
• From a third-party application: For example, if you access our Product through a third-party application, such as an app store, a third-party login service, or a social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party that you have made public there. Information we collect through these services may include your name, your user name, location, gender, birth date, email, profile picture, or your contacts stored in that service.
Use of Personal Information
Personal Information creates a personalized experience for you within Thatch and allows us to improve the Product for you. We may use Personal Information:
• To respond to your inquiries, fulfill your requests, complete your purchases, and provide you with related customer service.
• To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, as well as marketing communications that we believe may be of interest.
• To personalize your experience with us by presenting services and offers tailored to you.
• To identify you within the Product to other users, by displaying some Personal Information (e.g. your name) in association with content that you create within the Product.
• For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products and services, improving or modifying our Site, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding business activities.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell your Personal Information, but your Personal Information may be disclosed:
• To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other services;
• By you, on message board, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information;
• To other users of the Product as a part of its social features, as determined by your in-app privacy settings; and
Other Uses and Disclosures
We may also use and disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (c) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others. We may use, disclose or transfer your information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. Other Information we may collect includes:
• Browser and device information;
• IP address;
• Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies; and
• Demographic and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity, or information that has been aggregated in a manner that it no longer reveals your specific identity.
• Travel content you save to your account that does not reveal your specific identity, or information that has been aggregated in a manner that it no longer reveals your specific identity.
We primarily use Other Information to improve our Product by understanding usage and tuning our services. We may also use that information to inform advertising or marketing decisions, such as by using a frequently-saved place as an example in our marketing materials.
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose.
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
• Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Site functions properly.
• Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored on the computer that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Site, pages visited, language preferences, and other anonymous traffic data. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, and to personalize your experience. We also gather statistical information about use of the Site to continually improve its functionality, understand how it is used and assist us with resolving questions about it. We do not currently respond to browser do-not-track signals.
• Using pixel tags andother similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and email recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
• Through Analytics Services: We may also use Google Analytics and other service providers to collect information relating to visitor behavior and visitor demographics in our Product. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
• IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Site, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Site. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP Address in order to deliver a more customized product experience.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
To facilitate your experience with our Product, you may choose to integrate third party services, such as:Gmail to log in and access your contacts or for other uses Pinterest to integrate your saved content or for other usesInstagram to integrate your saved content or for other uses
If you choose to integrate a third party service, the information that is able to be shared is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
We are not responsible for the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site or service to which our Product links. Please review any third-party privacy policies to learn how they handle your Personal Information or Other Information.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by using the mechanism contained in each such email.
If you would like to update Personal Information that you have provided to us, you may contact us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
USE OF SITE BY MINORS
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13) and, we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 13.
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States.